If a single love note on Valentine’s Day can make someone feel special, imagine how half a dozen would make someone feel!
You don’t want to miss this fun accordion-style Valentine’s Day card created by Designer Wendy Sue Anderson. It holds six separate tags, tucked in mini pockets, ready for sweet hand-written sentiments to be added to the back!
To make this card:
1. Simply accordion fold a sheet of black cardstock – score at 3” – 6” – 9” and fold. Cut two strips 4 ½” tall. Layer the two strips and attach.
2. Follow the same process with a patterned paper, cutting into 3” tall strips. Punch half circles in the tops of each fold.
3. Attach the patterned strip to the black base with a simple straight stitch.
4. Cover the front of the card with patterned paper and some stickers and chipboard too!
5. Attach a piece of baker’s twine to the back of the card with tape, cover with patterned paper – make sure the twine is long enough to wrap around the front and tie the card closed.
6. Now remove several of the cards from the “phrase cards” pad. Trim them down so they are slightly smaller than the 3×4 size – and cut notches from the tops to create tags. Now add a heart sticker to the top of each tag, punch a small hole in each one, and tie twine through holes.
7. Hand write love notes, sweet nothings, or even “coupons” (ie ‘good for one back-rub,’ ‘good for one date night,’ etc.) on the back of each tag.
8. Enjoy the warm feeling in your heart from making someone you love feel so special!
Pebbles Yours Truly phrase cards (732392)
Pebbles Yours Truly phrase and accent stickers (732386)
Pebbles Yours Truly chips (732390)
Pebbles Yours Truly basic heart stickers (732387)
Pebbles Yours Truly Hearts paper (732379)
Pebbles Yours Truly Paper Pad (732397)
American Crafts – black cardstock and baker’s twine