If a single love note on Valentine’s Day can make someone feel special, imagine how half a dozen would make someone feel!
You don’t want to miss this fun accordion-style Valentine’s Day card created by Designer Wendy Sue Anderson. It holds six separate tags, tucked in mini pockets, ready for sweet hand-written sentiments to be added to the back!
To make this card:
1. Simply accordion fold a sheet of black cardstock – score at 3” – 6” – 9” and fold. Cut two strips 4 ½” tall. Layer the two strips and attach.
2. Follow the same process with a patterned paper, cutting into 3” tall strips. Punch half circles in the tops of each fold.
3. Attach the patterned strip to the black base with a simple straight stitch.
4. Cover the front of the card with patterned paper and some stickers and chipboard too!
5. Attach a piece of baker’s twine to the back of the card with tape, cover with patterned paper – make sure the twine is long enough to wrap around the front and tie the card closed.
6. Now remove several of the cards from the “phrase cards” pad. Trim them down so they are slightly smaller than the 3×4 size – and cut notches from the tops to create tags. Now add a heart sticker to the top of each tag, punch a small hole in each one, and tie twine through holes.
7. Hand write love notes, sweet nothings, or even “coupons” (ie ‘good for one back-rub,’ ‘good for one date night,’ etc.) on the back of each tag.
8. Enjoy the warm feeling in your heart from making someone you love feel so special!
Pebbles Yours Truly phrase cards (732392)
Pebbles Yours Truly phrase and accent stickers (732386)
Pebbles Yours Truly chips (732390)
Pebbles Yours Truly basic heart stickers (732387)
Pebbles Yours Truly Hearts paper (732379)
Pebbles Yours Truly Paper Pad (732397)
American Crafts – black cardstock and baker’s twine
Looking to add a little fun Valentine’s Day home decor to your space before the holiday? Working with paper and embellishments makes this cute project created by Designer Amanda Coleman easy to accomplish in a short amount of time!
Valentine’s Day Home Decor
The icons in the Yours Truly collection are so fun and festive I couldn’t resist making a piece of Valentine’s Day home decor to show them off.
I created this piece of decor by mounting several 2″ squares on an 8″x10″ piece of paper with foam squares and inserting it into a frame. I embellished each square with chipboard die cuts and stickers. This decor would be easy to reproduce with your favorite papers and embellishments.
Looking for a fun photo prop for your Valentine’s Day shoot , or a pretty banner to hang on the mantel? You’ve got to check out the lovely banner Designer Candace Zentner created.
I love that banners are popular as props in portrait photography right now! Mostly because I love making banners and I love photography!! Since I frequently have photo shoots with my daughters, I thought the Yours Truly collection would work perfectly to create a fun banner to use as a prop.
I used a simple die from Jaded Blossom to create each pennant in my banner and decorated each piece using stickers, tags, chipboard pieces as well as other fun elements in this collection.
Although this banner may look like it was rather involved to make, it was actually very quick! Since there is such a great variation of embellishments in this collection I found it very easy to make each pennant unique and pretty.
I also had to share some of the pictures from the photo shoot with my daughter, so you can all see the banner in action!
The banner will also make a great piece of Valentine’s Day décor!
Yours Truly Phrase & Accent Stickers
Yours Truly Mini Envelopes
Yours Truly Printed Cardstock Shapes
Yours Truly Dimensional Stickers
Yours Truly Phrase Cards
Yours Truly Tags
Yours Truly 6×6 Paper Pad
Yours Truly Cardstock: First Kiss, Bouquet, Hearts, Heart Strings, You & Me, Love Note