Well hello there, Pebbles friends! It’s Wendy Sue here today and though I’m not a teacher, I have several friends who are elementary school teachers, and each of them will attest to the fact that, at times, they feel like the ringmaster of their own little circus. That’s why I thought it was particularly appropriate to create a few teacher appreciation gifts featuring the “Bigtop Dreams” collection!
These cute little popcorn themed gift card holders (cut file #130271 in the Silhouette store) were just perfect to use with the Bigtop Dreams collection, weren’t they? If you’d like to make one of these cute gifts for a ringmaster in your life (especially the teacher variety), follow these quick and easy instructions!
- Begin by cutting the pieces from the various papers in the collection. I used the red/white stripe (“Big Top Dreams” #734121) for the popcorn box, “Step Right Up #734128” for the gift card holder, and “Tightrope” #734123 for the popcorn pieces
2. Assemble the popcorn box by using a strong adhesive/tape to secure the sides. Isn’t the scalloped top so cute? And if you peek inside you see the fun circus tents!
3. Add the popcorn pieces to the gift card holder. I added a few bonus pieces with foam adhesive for a little bit of fun “popping” dimension!
4. Tuck a gift card under the notches in the holder (teachers can always use a yummy treat OR you could give them a gift card to an office supply store or even target or walmart where they could buy classroom supplies).
5. Continue to embellish the front of the popcorn box by cutting a small square sentiment from the “Best Day Ever” #734120 paper. Mount this piece on white cardstock and adhere to the front of the popcorn box.
6. Now choose a fun printed die-cut from the icon ephemera pack (#734116). Add foam adhesive squares to the back and attach next to the sentiment.
7. For an extra bit of sparkle and shine, add gold stars from the Circus Thickers Collection (#734111)!
Now go ahead and tuck the gift card inside the popcorn box and you’re all set!
See, it was SO easy!! Thanks to all of the teachers out there who work so hard to train our little monkeys and clowns – they surely deserve a little extra thanks now and again!!