Hi, Renee here today to share a Mother’s Day Card and Frame Gift Set using the Jen Hadfield Everyday collection. I used this photo of my girls in a Spring layout a few weeks ago. I decided to include it in a gift for my mom since she doesn’t have this photo. I love this photo so much and I know she will too.
The Layered Frames make a perfect gift! I’m so happy I hoarded it for a special project. 😉 As I mentioned before, my mom has an amazing green thumb. Since her garden always looks so pretty (and she loves the color green), I wanted to include lots of greenery and pretty flowers on this frame.
Here’s a step-by-step tutorial of how I put together the Layered Frames:
- I gathered the Layered Frames, Pretty Peonies and Tropical Delight pattern papers, and some adhesive.
- I added adhesive to the photo part of the frame and used a brayer tool to make sure my Tropical Delight pattern paper was pressed flat against the frame.
- I trimmed the pattern paper using a craft knife and my Cutting Mat.
- I printed my photo to a 5″ x 7″, added adhesive, and trimmed around the frame again.
- I added adhesive to the 8 ¾” x 10 ¾” part of the frame and added the Pretty Peonies pattern paper to it.
- I centered my photo frame and adhered it to the base part of the frame.
It’s SO simple and looks SO cute! To embellish my frame, I made a pretty paper flower:
- I gathered the Gemstones pattern paper, my Flower Punch Board, green cardstocks, and a gold circle stickers.
- I used both sides of the pattern paper to create the layers of this flower. I layered two XXS (3″ dia.) flowers with one XS (4″ dia.) flower. My two sets of leaves measure 2″ and 2 ½”. You can see how I made some paper flowers using the Flower Punch Board here.
- I used a brad to attach all the flowers layers together with the larger leaves.
- I used my Mini Hot Glue Gun to adhere my flower and leaves to the frame. All done!
My frame looks great! Here’s the Mother’s Day card to go with my frame gift:
I made a simple window cutout style card. Inside is a pretty flower for my Mama and we’ll write her a special note.
Here’s a step-by-step tutorial of how I put together the window cutout style card:
- My card base measures 5″ x 7″. I trimmed a 4 7/8″ x 6 7/8″ piece of the Gemstones pattern paper and adhered a 2 ¼” x 4 7/8″ piece of the Pretty Peonies pattern paper along the bottom. I added some Decorative Tape along top of the Pretty Peonies pattern paper. I used the corner punch before adding it all to my card base.
- I punched a 3 ½” scalloped circle and then centered and adhered it to the top portion of my card.
- I used a 3″ circle template and my Cutting Mat to create my window cutout.
- I adhered a flower Die-Cut inside my card and made sure to center it so it can be seen through the window cutout. I used the corner punch on my card base and I added a stamped sentiment to finish off the card.
I love how this Mother’s Day Card and Frame Gift Set turned out!
Can’t wait to give it to my Mama!
Wishing you all a blessed and very Happy Mother’s Day!
Head on over to my blog to see another Mother’s Day card idea using the Spring Fling collection. Oh my goodness, remember this adorable teacup die-cut shape from the Garden Party collection? It went perfectly with this card!
Everyday Gemstones (733069)
Everyday Pretty Peonies (733070)
Everyday Tropical Delight (733071)
Everyday Ephemera Cardstock & Vellum with Gold Foil Die-Cuts (733093)
DIY Home Layered Frames 2/pkg (732942)
Home+Made Numbers & Glitter Decorative Tape (732626)
Home+Made Gold Stickers (732621)
American Crafts Textured Cardstock Pack 12″ x 12″ 60/Pkg, Primaries (71247)
American Crafts Textured Cardstock Pack 12″ x 12″ 60/Pkg, Tropicals (71249)
American Crafts This To That Foam Tab Adhesive, Squares (61710)
American Crafts This To That Adhesive Dot Runner (368570)
American Crafts Sticky Thumb Cordless Mini Hot Glue Gun (340278)
We R Memory Keepers Flower Punch Board (71342)
We R Memory Keepers Precision Glass Cutting Mat (71299)
Becky Higgins Project Life Corner Punch