Hi! Renee here to share a Fall Love layout with hidden journaling using the Jen Hadfield Warm & Cozy collection. I love creating hidden journaling pockets because that leaves more space on the page for beautiful embellishments. And, this collection was perfect to scrap these studio pics with. It’s hard to believe that this 18 month old cutie-pie is now in 6th grade. Crazy how time flies! I loved taking this chance to scrap these old photos of Caitie.
I started this Fall Love layout by getting my paper layers put together:
- I used the Log Cabin pattern paper as my background and created a 6 ¼” x 8 ¼” photo collage in Photoshop.
- I trimmed the Logs pattern paper to 9 ½” x 10 ¼”, the Tartan pattern paper to 9 ¼” x 8 ¼”, and the Sprigs pattern paper to 8 ¾” x 6 ¾” and layered them onto my background. I added a couple of Washi Tape Strips between the paper layers. I also added machine stitching across the top and bottom of the paper layers.
- I adhered Double-Sided Super Sticky Red Tape to the back of my photo collage and left the top part open to be used as a journaling pocket.
- I added my photo collage to finish off my paper layers.
Time for my favorite part…adding the embellishments:
- I loved fussy cutting a flower bunch from the beautiful Checkerboard pattern paper and adding it to my page.
- I went back to an oldie but goodie embellishment technique of mine. I added the On Target, Antlers, and Afternoon Naps pattern papers to wood buttons. I used the ¾” wood buttons with ½” circles from a punch and adhered them together.
- I combined the Cozy Thickers and the Word Sticker to create the title to my Fall Love layout.
- I added more fussy cut flowers, leaf Die-Cuts, bird Stickers, Phrase Stickers, wood buttons, and splatters of Golden Color Mist to the page.
I trimmed the Warm Quotes pattern paper to 3 ½” x 7 ¼” and used a punch to round off the corners. I stapled a flower bunch to the top of the journaling card. I covered the staple with a wood button and added an acorn sticker. I adhered another flower bunch along with a couple more acorn stickers to the bottom of the journaling card. I used a black Precision Pen to hand-write a bit of journaling.
The journaling card looks so pretty and slips easily into the pocket behind my photo collage.
Here’s a close-up pic of the flower layers with the adorable little bird and phrase stickers:
Here’s a close-up pic of this pretty embellishment cluster:
I don’t always include my own handwriting when journaling for projects. I am very happy I did for this Fall Love layout. Thanks for stopping by the Pebbles blog today!
Warm & Cozy Warm Quotes (733397)
Warm & Cozy Sprigs (733401)
Warm & Cozy Tartan (733405)
Warm & Cozy On Target (733406)
Warm & Cozy Afternoon Naps (733410)
Warm & Cozy Log Cabin (733411)
Warm & Cozy Antlers (733412)
Warm & Cozy Logs (733413)
Warm & Cozy Checkerboard (733417)
Warm & Cozy Accents Stickers with Rose Gold Foil (733388)
Warm & Cozy Ephemera Die-Cuts (733389)
Warm & Cozy Rose Gold Foil Cozy Thickers (733390)
Warm & Cozy Washi Tape Strips with Rose Gold Foil (733391)
Warm & Cozy Words Stickers With Rose Gold Foil (733396)
Woodland Forest Phrase Stickers (733442)
Cottage Living Golden Color Mist (369021)
American Crafts Cutup Scissors 7″ (64201)
American Crafts This To That Double-Sided Super Sticky Red Tape, .25″ x 5 yd (61753)
American Crafts Sticky Thumb Flat Adhesive Dots, .25″ 300/Pkg (340274)
American Crafts Sticky Thumb Flat Adhesive Dots, .5″ 300/Pkg (340275)
American Crafts Sticky Thumb Permanent Adhesive Runner (08322)
American Crafts Precision Pen .08 Point Open Stock, Black (62331)
American Crafts Amy Tangerine Yes, Please Elements Mixed Buttons (85630)
Becky Higgins Project Life Corner Rounder Punch (93740)